Reporting to: Home Manager/Deputy Manager
Contract type: Part-time, 16 hours per week
How would you like to join our friendly, award-winning team at Wentworth Court?
We are Cheltenham’s first care home exclusively providing dementia-nursing care, achieving a CQC rating of ‘good’ in all categories (September 2017).
Our 62-bed award-winning home offers long-term residential care for those who need daily assistance and shorter-term respite care.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Training Manager to work with us on a part-time basis.
You will take responsibility for facilitating all aspects of training for the nursing home, co-ordinating and booking outside professional agencies to support the full team’s continuing professional development requirements, plus deliver elements of training yourself.
• Work closely with the manager/deputy manager/clinical nurse lead to provide support to the home as a member of the senior management team.
• Be responsible for all aspects of facilitating training for the nursing home, co-ordinating and booking outside professional agencies to enable the home team to fulfil their individual continuing professional development requirements.
• Deliver elements of in-house training to the Wentworth Court teams
• Work with the clinical lead to share responsibility for the training and supervision of the nursing teams, with regards to professional updates to meet the revalidation requirements of the Nursing Midwifery Council for England and Wales (NMC).
• Ensure that all continued professional development is in line with the standards required for the NMC, have an overview of the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and requirements for the Care Quality Commission (CQC) with regards to Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE)
• Work openly and cooperatively with learners, colleagues and other professionals in the planning of key stages of learning and assessment
• Be conversant with teaching, assessing and supervising colleagues across all levels including nursing, health and social care and ancillary staff.
• Perform and undertake training required for the organisation
• Operate a ‘find and fix’ approach where possible to resolve issues of non-compliance
• Perform audits in relation to training, recording and compliance
• Undertake detailed reviews of progresses made against any regulatory action plans
• Provide findings and recommendations in relation to your own role requirements
• Prepare professional reports when required for outside agencies such as CQC and Gloucestershire County Council
• Support the home managers/deputies in meeting the training requirements of Wentworth Court and ensure that all filling and record systems are fit for purpose for external inspections.
Skills and knowledge
• Previous experience in a nursing/senior management care role (Essential)
• Certificate in Education or recognised nursing/care sector teaching qualification eg ENB998 (Essential)
• Previous experience working with people with dementia within a care/nursing home (Essential)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (Essential)
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge required to teach the Care Certificate course, assessing standards required for each employee and have relevant Care Certificate assessment qualification (Essential)
• Ability to work flexibility to meet the needs of the home (Essential)
• Experience of prioritising own workload and ability to work effectively and meet deadlines with minimal supervision (Essential)
• Hold a dementia link worker certificate (Desirable)
• Previous experience in audit or quality reviewing (Desirable)
• Experience of working within a nursing/care home setting
• A person-centred approach to the delivery of nursing care, with a strong interest in dementia
• An enhanced DBS will be required.
Please contact us on 01242 263334 or email Gez Ossai for more information or to send over a CV.